4/25/2017

Wednesday Wow!...a little embossing with feather together


My card today features embossing!
I really like embossing, but find that I seldom do it.  Not sure why I don't do it more often! Because it  isn't difficult and it doesn't take much time. It really does change the look of your projects and embossing gives a lot of texture and dimension  to a card without a lot of bells and whistles.  Some tips that I have learned with embossing is to use the embossing buddy before you stamp rubbing the entire piece of cardstock with it.  Use a clothespin to hold the cardstock while you heat the cardstock, so you don't burn your fingers.  It is also nice to have a tray with a button that allows you to cover the cardstock with the powder and easily get it back into the container.  When heating, be patient and move your gun over the image until you start to see a change in the embossing powder and it becomes smooth. 


I used the feather together photopolymer stamp set from Stampin Up! I love the soft sky color that is in the Stampin' Up! palette.  That and the white embossing creates such a classy simple card without any other embellies.  I used a 41/4" piece of whisper white cardstock and then mounted a piece of soft sky cs cut at 4X51/4".  The soft sky cs with the embossed feathers measures 33/4" x 41/2".  The whisper white cs with the greeting is 1" x 4".  I did use the versamark pad to stamp my feathers.  I think I get a better embossed image with the versamark ink pad.  I stamped the greeting in the soft sky ink and embellished it by stamping the feather several times.  


This stamp set is still available and not on the retiring list this year, but there are so many other great things that are retiring as of May 31 or until supplies last.  Please make sure you check out the retired list and get what you need before something you love is gone! And if you would like a FREE tutorial on 5 cards made with the Watercolor Words delivered to your email inbox, place a $30 or more order from me this month! Just go to my store and enter April's Hostess code.... EUWFWBRP.  
Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: