3/06/2017

Map it For You Monday using Muse Card Challenge....

I loved Michelle's card over at Muse Card Club this week, so I had to try it using Avant Garden from Sale-A-Bration! This week I thought it would be fun to show you how you can take a card for inspiration and use the layout of it and colors to create your own card!

Here's my card...
I have decided that I absolutely LOOOOOVVE stamping on watercolor paper! I put soft sky on the background with my aquapainter and then waited for it to dry in the top diagonal area!
Then I stamped my flowers in soft sky, island indigo and dapper denim.  I was so surprised when I added the inside of the flower with the memento ink pad how it just brought out the flowers in the Avant Garden SaleABration.  Next I used mint macaron to add the leaves.  I did use the stamp off method to create a shadow effect with the leaves in some areas.  My watercolor paper was cut to a 41/4 X51/2 and mounted on a piece of 41/4 X11 dapper denim.  I also used a 1/4" piece of dapper denim to go down the side. The greeting is from the February Paper Pumpkin kit....love! And then I added the enamel dots!


And here is Michelle's card...
I was totally inspired by the sketch and the colors.

Thanks so much for the inspiration! I love yours! But I also am really loving how mine turned out!
SALE-A-BRATION countdown is on! You only have until the end of March to take advantage of all the amazing FREE product that is offered if you purchase $50 worth of merchandise!
If you would like to order use this March Host Code... 7JBASVX2 click here to go to my store.  I'll send you a little something something just for ordering from me!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!  See you on Wednesday!

5 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

Great layers of color!

Sandi Lee Scraps said...

Thanks so much Jacquie Southas!

Leslie said...

Beautiful card!! Love those flowers and the colors!!

Ardyth said...

This is one of my favourite flowers! So sorry I'm late commenting, but thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

Sandi Lee Scraps said...

Leslie...thanks so much! xx