1/13/2016

the sisterhood of crafters/something old and something new challenge

Over at The Sisterhood of Crafters our hostess....Lisa B wants us to Ring in the New Year!
Dig into your old supplies and pull out something you haven't used in a long time as well as using something new (that you might of gotten as a holiday gift or treated yourself to!) to create your project.  Hurry on over and get  your project linked up.  You have until Sunday, January 24th at 8pm EST.

So, here's what I came up with....
my old...the mists....
my new...the stamps....
supplies: paper-white cs (neenah); ink- onyx black(versafine)papaya and grapefruit splash (amuse studio); stamps-love and thanks (amuse studio) and happy thoughts (amuse studio); accessories- orange twinkle stickers (amuse studio)

It's been a long time since I played with my mists! It was so much fun to do the smoosh technique.  Spray some mists on a transparency surface.  I used my Tim Holtz mat.  Turn your cardstock upside down and smoosh into the ink.

Over at Happy Little Stampers, they have a CASE the Designer Challenge.  This month Kylie came up with this....

I am also entering this in the Something Old, Something New Challenge at Crafty Boots.  
And Lost Coast Designs CAS Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Wednesday!!!


10 comments:

Diane said...

Wow Sandi Lee...I love this and thanks for reminding me to do this technique..one I had totally forgotten about...great colors, too!

Vickie Y said...

Love the background; sweet cards!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Wonderful backgrounds, I bet they were fun to create and they have made lovely cards. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card. I like the look of your background. I had forgotten all about my mists, so thanks for the inspiration, and thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers Case the Designer.

Kylie said...

LOVE your CASE of my card, Sandi. I love your smooshed colours - fun to be playing with your mists again! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Birgit said...

This is so sweet! Love the colors and that simple flower!! Thanks so much for joining the Happy Little Stampers January challenge.

Lisette Baker said...

Love the inky effects and the colours, the black looks great against them. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Nikki W said...

Great makes, and colour choices. Thanks for linking up to the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity :)

kim TangledBlueRose said...

Love you played with old and new. Love the effect you created and such warm colors. Thanks for joining in at Lost Coast Portal to Creativity~kim

Sari / Granne said...

Gorgeous warm colours and great take on the CASE. Thank you for joining Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge #20 Clean and Simple, hope to see you again soon.