1/28/2016

shades of blue/amusing challenge

I found this new challenge over at Blessings Ink...Amusing Challenge  and thought I would give it a try.  This week she wants us to use shades of blue.
Hmmmm.....it was interesting looking at my stash 
and finding that am drawn to the lighter shades of blue(because that's all I really have).
I decided that I wanted to create a clean and simple card that was monochromatic.

Here's what I came up with.....
supplies-papers-solar white cs (neenah); ink-bermuda ink pad(amuse studio) and onyx black(versafine); stamps-lots of dots, happy thoughts and let it snow -retired (amuse studio); accessories- bermuda pearl stickers (amuse studio) and bermuda chevron ribbon (amuse studio).

I must say I am loving the simplicity and versatility of this winter card.  
So easy to make ....just a 4 and 1/4 inch cut and a 5 and a half inch score. 
Stamp the snowflakes (3 different) and the small circle. 
Tie a bow....the trick is not to twist the ribbon and you will have a gorgeous bow.
You could change this up and put any greeting in there. 
And....VOILA! you have a finished card!
Don't forget about the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge....
all your snow and snowman cards will go great with it!

update.....February 1st....I was picked for Top 3 for Shades of Blue Challenge over at Blessings Ink....Amusing Challenge!  Thanks so much for choosing me! It made me smile!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

I love snowflake images and you have some great ones here. Beautiful card.

Chris said...

Gorgeous card - that ribbon and bow are amazing! Thanks for playing along with this week's Amusing Challenge.

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at If you give a Crafter a Cookie, good luck!!! Amy DT

Leslie said...

Hi Sandi! Love the card and that bow is beautiful!! Hope all is well. Sorry I haven't been around in a while. January has been crazy!!

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper