7/22/2015

the sisterhood of crafters summer heat challenge

Over at The Sisterhood of Crafters a new challenge goes live today....
it's all about summer heat with Vickie as our hostess! And here in PA...it is hot, hot, hot!!!
Hurry and head over...
Deadline to Enter:
You have until Sunday, August 9 - 8:00 PM (EST)
Winner will be announced Tuesday, August 11

Please remember to follow these few simple rules:

  • No backlinking ...  only new creations.
  • Three (3) entry limit.
  • You can share with as many other challenges as you like.
  • Must follow the challenge theme to qualify for prize (when one is available).
  • Direct Link to your challenge entry ... not your entire blog.
  • Link back to our challenge in your blog post.
  • We would really appreciate you turning OFF the word verification. 

So, here's my card...
supplies: papers-black cs (recollections), white cs (neenah) and vintage christmas (my mind's eye); ink-graphite black (archival brilliance) and various copic and marker noirs; stamp and die cut- may your day be awesome (studio calico) and surfer dude (some odd girl freebie digital)  and accessories- arrow wood (studio calico).

I am entering this in 
Fantastic Tuesday...anything goes with a twist...beach
Card Mania Challenges...anything goes
Through the Craft Room Door...always anything goes.
and I was inspired by Anita Bowden's card at Muse Card Club
I was inspired by the white space and the use of the polka dots.
Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you are staying cool or warm in whatever weather is in your neck of the woods!
xx




12 comments:

glendabrooks.blogspot.com said...

This is just an adorable kids card! I love the cute image and your coloring is great! Also love how you put the cut out word "Awesome" at the bottom!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

OMG this is so cute Sandi!! I have a difficult time with 'white space' on my card but it SURE WORKS here! Fabulous coloring & composition! JUST AWESOME!!

Terri's Cards N' More said...

That image is sooooo cute. What a fun card.

Neets B said...

So glad my card inspired you, Sandi. I love your creation, those big polka dots and the layout of the sentiment is fab. Thanks for playing along at Muse, Anita x

Riti said...

This is such a darlin' card & I love that image !!
TFS

Buffy Esser-Burnside said...

Oh My Goodness this is just so cute!

Judy1223 said...

What a fun card! Perfect for a hot summer day on the east coast (t's just as hot here in southern NJ as it is in PA!)! I love your inspiration from Anita's fun card...great use of white space and fun polka dot paper!

Ardyth said...

Love the whimsy of your image and the way you've used Anita's layout! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Vickie Y said...

Adorable surfer image and card!

Pia S said...

Spots and layout are clearly inspired by the Muse case card, but I think you've managed to create a very different style, so youthful and cool!

Deni(se) said...

Very cute and a nice turn on the Muse sample. Also, I thank you for leading me to Some Odd Girl digital stamps. I'd never seen the site and am glad to find it. :-D

Sara Sherlock said...

Your card is super cute! Love the image, and the layering of the papers. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
Sara
TTCRD DT
FP3 {My Blog}