7/15/2015

dies r us/ challenge #29 christmas in july

I am so excited and flattered to be asked to be part of the Dies R Us Challenge Blog!
Who doesn''t like to need to buy dies so they can complete their assignments to the best of their ability!?! Lol!!
I get to post my creation the 15th of each month.  
Over at Dies R Us Challenge Blog, the new challenge is up and it's Christmas in July.
Please remember you must use dies on your project or it wouldn't be a Dies R Us Challenge!
You have until July 27th to link up your project!
For your convenience ... here's a quick review of the rules:
  • ENTRY LIMIT:  3
  • MUST USE DIE CUTS on your creation.
  • DIRECT link to your creation, not your entire blog.
  • LINK BACK to our DRU Challenge Blog in your post.
  • NO BACKLINKING (no creation made prior to our challenge posting)
  • No limit to sharing with other challenges.
  • *NEW* ... If you pop over to our Inspiration Blog and leave a comment on any of the DT posts, you'll get an additional chance to win.
Here's what I (needed to buy) LOVED at Dies R Us store to create my card....

and....

Here's what I came up with....
supplies: papers-vintage christmas ( my mind's eye) and vanilla cs (amuse studio); ink-graphite black (archival brilliance), sky(amuse studio), watercolor pencils (fantasia), Y17 and R46 (copic markers). DG4 (spectrum noir); stamps- winter penguin (lawn fawn stamps); die cuts- shapeabilities (spellbinders)

A close up...
I paper pieced this card by stamping a penguin on the pattern paper and cutting the scarf out.  I created the little tile block pattern by cutting 2 strips of pattern paper and adhering them to a piece of cardstock.  I cut them out of the cardstock and then began cutting them into squares.  I adhered them to my card.  I thought it created a great effect and pulled the whole card together.

I am entering this in Aloha Frday ...Christmas in July Challenge.
Challenge #11 Christmas in July over at Cute As a Button.
And One Sweet Challenge...Christmas in July.

So glad you stopped by today!
Hope to see you again soon!

6 comments:

glendabrooks.blogspot.com said...

I'm not happy to be thinking 'Christmas in July' but your card is so cute, it makes me happy! Love that sweet skating penquin

Leslie said...

So sweet!! Love the penguin!!

Cely said...

so adorable! love the non-traditional colors. Thanks for joining us this fortnight for our Christmas in July challenge at Kitty Bee Designs!

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks for joining in our Christmas in July challenge with your lovely design and gorgeous image....
{One Sweet Challenge DT Member}

Francesca Lopez said...

Sweet card! Thank you for joining us over at Cute As A Button Stamps Christmas In July Challenge - Francesca, Owner

Veronique Baadjou said...

What a cute card, great colours!
VeroniqueCute as a button DT