4/02/2015

some exciting news...

I have some happy news to share today.  It's been announced officially, so I wanted to take the opportunity and share it here too!
I am so very honored and delighted to join this group of women.  To celebrate, I made a card using the sketch that is over there right now.
You have until April 7 at 11:59 pm EST to get it linked up!



And here's my card!
supplies: papers-ivory cs (amuse studio), chocolate chip cs (stampin up) and sugar chic (heidi swapp); inks-french roast craft pad (amuse studio); stamps unity stamp kit of the month (march 2014) and accessories- heart wood veneer (studio calico) and chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon (stampin up).



Here's a great shot of the bunny stamp.  I love how delicate the vines are in this stamp and yet it stamps so well! 


And then...just for the fun of it...I applied to the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge Blog very early on.
 If I would have waited I would have chickened out....the creativity and workmanship of all you out there in blogland is just breathtaking!  Again, I am thrilled and delighted to have been asked to join their team.  
So, I thought I would join in on the fun this challenge and make a card to go with the theme of ....
"Come Fly With Me"!

Let's get real creative and let us see anything that flies....
Kites~Hot Air Balloons~Birds~Airplanes~Fairies....
If it flies, it qualifies!!
You have until Sunday, April 5th at 8 pm EST to get it linked up.

Here's mine....
I also thought I would try the Bokeh technique out too.  
I did mine a little bit different than how I've seen them done ....I'll explain in a minute.

supplies: papers- white cs (neenah) and american crafts; stamps-lots of dots (amuse studio) and chilled cucumber (jillibean soup); inks- gelatos and frost white (color box), versamark (tsukineko)  and black embossing powder; accessories- butterflies embossing and die (sizzix) and florescent enamel dots (recollections)


 Here I think you can see...
I used my lots of dots stamp set from amuse studio to put the circles on .  Then I blotted my ink off if I thought I had too much with a tissue.

I also used the CAS(E) this Sketch sketch this week as inspiration.  

Last...but not least... I wanted to say Thank You to Leslie Germain over at The Memory Nest.  When I made the card above....I was thinking of her. 

I have never met her, but she has provided me with so many sweet comments since coming back to blogland.  She always has such a sweet kind word of encouragement for my creations and took notice!  Big Hugs to you!!!

I feel very blessed to join these two teams! I'm not going to lie...I also feel a little pressure too...LOL!
But ...I do love everything about making cards and I have to keep telling myself daily that I do not need anymore paper!!!!:) (I hope I am not the only one who has 3 big sterilite containers of paper!!)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Wishing you a safe and happy Easter with your families!



8 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

GREAT job Sandi! Fabulous technique and your design is adorable! We are thrilled to have you joining us at The Sisterhood ... can't wait to see everything you create for us!!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Come Fly With Me’ challenge!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Lisa B said...

Ditto to what Darlene said!! We are thrilled to have you join us at the Sisterhood of Crafters. Your work is amazing and I look forward to seeing what you create.

And it really made my day to see someone go out of their way to let someone know how the little things they do really mean a lot to them!!! That was very sweet!

The technique you used on your card is gorgeous. I really need to start branching out more! lol Think you may have inspired me.

Have a great day,
Lisa B
Your fellow DT Sistah'

Super Stamp Girl said...

Hi Sandi, welcome to the TSOT design team! I hope you enjoy your time with us and I look forward to seeing more of your lovely creations! DT'er Crystal

Terri's Cards N' More said...

Oh my gosh, Sandi! This is stunning.
I love the bokeh technique, but have yet to try it. So happy to have you as part of the team.

Leslie Germain said...

Sandi, that was so sweet of you to mention me and to say you were thinking of me when you made the card! I am so touched. I always admire card makers and your cards truly are always darling. Both cards are beautiful, I really can't tell you how special you made me feel!!! Congrats to you, you definitely deserve those DT spots with all the beautiful cards you created!!! Thank you!!! Hugs to you too friend!! I have met so many amazing crafters through this bloggy world, including you!!! xo

Kathy S said...

Great easter card and love the big bow you've highlighted. There is something about easter and bows that brings me back to being a child and having adorable dresses. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Take care.

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Sandi, both of your cards are lovely! Can't wait to see what you continue to create with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Being on a design team can be a little stressful at times (especially if you're a procrastinator like me!), but the positive side is you'll find that your creativity will grow because you have designs, colors, ideas, etc. to follow and you end up creating things you might not have before because you could just pick and choose your challenges.
Sara H.

Nicole Tugrul said...

Fabulous bunny card!! I love the chocolate ribbon as the vertical part of the design, very clever!! Welcome to Try Stampin'!!!