4/08/2015

hello again....

Over at Sisterhood of Crafters, a new challenge is beginning today and it's my debut project (biting my nails).  
We want you to create anything that has to do with RAIN!!!

So....here's what I came up with... a very CAS card!  I was inspired by the colors in my rainboots. Don't they remind you of a piece of pattern paper? I love them.  Despite the fact that I am not a fan of rain...wearing these boots always puts a smile on my face!
supplies: paper-white cs(neenah), watermelon, blush and titian cs (amuse studio); ink- watermelon, blush and titian craft pad (amuse studio); stamps-fresh (american crafts); accessories- flower punch (stampin up), rhinestones (recollections) and hello (my stash).

I wanted to show you how I made this card without measuring and drawing lines, etc.  I punched out 6 squares and placed them on my cardstock.  As I stamped, I moved each one of them and then I would put it back down on top after I stamped.  I also wrote down what color I wanted to stamp it in, so I wouldn't forget.  


Here's a close up of the added extra flower punches.

I used the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch this week.

I am also entering this in...Fan-Tastic Tuesday where...
Our Theme for this week is 
Anything Goes.With a Twist....
Use a Die or Punch  .......... I used my small flower punch from Stampin' Up.

APRIL SHOWERS and/or SPRING FLOWERS!

Thanks for stopping by today! Can't wait to see what you create with the theme of "rain!" You have until Sunday, April 19 at 8PM EST to get your project linked up!

9 comments:

glendabrooks.blogspot.com said...

I love your card! Those boots are just adorable and I love that you shared how you positioned them! Thanks!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

What a great idea and fabulous card Sandi! LOVE IT! Tooo darn cute! We are so happy to have you as one of our 'Sistahs', and hope you enjoy being with us. HAPPY DAY!

Diane said...

Loving your beautiful card and perfect boots for the occasion!! Very clever way to plan the spacing, will have to remember that! Glad to have you on our team and am looking forward to seeing your beautiful designs...I just became your newest follower!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun! I love those boots! Great take on the sketch!

Leslie Germain said...

Darling card!! LOVE the boots and how you used your boots as inspiration!!

Vickie Y said...

Love the colorful rainboots! Adorable card.

rachel taylor said...

lovely card thanks for sharing with FTT Rachel dt

Lisa B said...

What a brilliant idea with the squares to line everything up. This card is adorable. Great colors and the flowers add the perfect touch!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love those boots.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby