1/21/2015

You make my heart HAPPY!

When I went to WalMart yesterday to pick up a prescription or should I say wait for them to finish filling my prescription, I walked down the scrapbook aisle and found this...

and this to go with it...

The 6X6 paper pad was only $2.97 and all those cards were only $4.87.  No way!? 
I played around with them last night and here's a card I came up with...
supplies and recipe: paper- chalkboard (we r memory keepers 6X6 paper pad and albums made easy kit) pattern paper is cut to 4X51/4...the 3 cards are from the albums made easy kit, white cs (recollections) 41/4 X 51/2; stamps- handscripted (amuse studio) and cold and cuddly(stampin up); ink- tuxedo black (memento) and watercolor markers (crayola); accessories- black and white twine (the twinery).

Here's a close up...
I stamped and fussy cut the penguins out.  Then I used a stampin' dimensional to pop them off the card.

I am entering this card into a new challenge blog called If You Give A Crafter A Cookie.  Check it out...every week she posts pictures of cookies for you to be inspired by.  Here's the one for this challenge.  I was very inspired by the colors and the sweet little penguins.

I am also entering my card into the Fusion Card Challenge.  I was inspired by the hearts.

And last but not least Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog.  This week it's 

HAVE A HEARTValentine’s Day is just around the corner so now is the time to get all lovey dovey and create something for someone you love !


Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome inspired card -- gotta love Wally World!

Je@net said...

Thnx for your nice comment on my blog, Sandi.
Love your beautiful card with the sweet little penguins!

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

Adorable!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

Lynn said...

Yeah for new goodies and immediately putting them to use! Love your card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Sandi Lee! The penguins are adorable and they look lovely paper pieced.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Sasayakiglitter Nassmith said...

So creative, love the color combination. Very well done.
Thanks for joining us in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge.

Hugs
Naz xxx