1/21/2015

We need a little spring!

Can anyone make the white stuff go away here in January? Just went out and shoveled and looks like I will need to go out again before the night is done.  So....I needed something to get me thinking about warm weather.  Over at "Just Us Girls" Challenge Blog they had just the remedy I needed...


Then..I used the Retro Rubber Challenge Sketch at their challenge blog.

At first, I will be honest....I said orange with green and blue...yuck! But then when my card started to come together, I really loved the look.  So...thanks girls for the challenge!

supplies and recipe: paper-fern cs cut 41/4X 11 and scored at 51/2, bermuda cs cut 4X51/4 (amuse studio), white (recollections) cut 4 6/16 X 2 1/2, pumpkin pie (stampin up) I cut it 4 X 5 1/4 and then just tore around my white cs piece; inks: bellini and grass (amuse studio) and tuxedo black (memento); stamps: because of you (amuse studio); ribbon- sage(stampin up)

Here's a close up...
I stamped in the grass stamp pad and then would stamp a second time without placing the stamp back in the stamp pad for a lighter shadowy effect.  I used a stampin dimensional to pop the butterfly off the paper.  Something else I did that I haven't done in a very long time was sand and tear paper.  I just thought that it softened this card a little more, but it still stayed clean and simple.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Anyone else wishing for a little spring in their world right now?



11 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful use of the colors! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Great use of the challenge colors! Love all of the greenery and that pretty butterfly. You can send the snow to Central Indiana. We haven't had any yet. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is a real beauty with those colors! Love the torn edge frame and how you stamped the sentiment on top of the greenery. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi Sandi! You are right, those colors were a challenge but you definitely mastered them! Great take on the sketch. I liked that the bow is in place of the hearts! Wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

Debbie Mageed said...

What a pretty card for someone special! I love all of the texture and layering to make the color challenge really work for you. Thanks for bringing your retro stamps out for the Retro Rubber sketch challenge this week.

Katy McGloin said...

Sandi, you jumped from winter straight into spring! That may have been a challenge to combine those colors, but you handled it like a pro. Thanks so much for including RRBC sketch challenge with your stamping fun this week!!

Kristi said...

I hear you on wanting it to be spring already! And our winter even got a late start here in Colorado. I love this card, especially the butterfly. And thanks for reminding me of a couple of techniques to use (tearing and stamping off).

kellyscreativecorner.com said...

I stopped by your blog to check out your beautiful spring-like card while watching the evening news talk about the Nor'easter coming our way. It's nice to see a taste of spring. Great job on both challenges!

Hammers said...

OMG I love your card! The springy colours and that gorgeous stamp are awesome. Thanks for joining us at RRBC this week. Cx

Christine Traversa said...

Lovely card!

Neva Cole said...

What a cheery card to create in the snowy time of year. Love the colors and the combination of our sketch challenge. Thank yo for joining us at RRCB!