4/13/2014

Welcome Little One


I found this new challenge blog a few weeks ago...Cure for the Monday Blues and haven't been able to participate...
and today I am just making it! (LOL)

And here's my card...

supplies: paper- (american crafts) and sugar (amuse studio); ink/color- tuxedo black (memento ink) and colored pencils (fantasia); stamps- solid stripes(stampin up) and little peanuts (amuse studio); embellies- buttons (jenni bowlin)

I stamped, colored and fussy cut the elephant.  I also fussy cut the scallops from a piece of the 6X6 pattern paper.  Then I stamped the striped background on the sugar cs and attached the fussy cut scallops.  I then popped the elephant up with some popup glue dots, stamped my sentiment and added the buttons.  I was inspired by the stripes, colors and "baby" feel of the room that was in the picture. 

I should also say that my  card was inspired by this sketch (loosely) and the colors.  This is a new sketch challenge that Laura Davis is doing called Poppy Sketches.  Go check it out! 
Thanks for stopping by! 
Have a great day!

4 comments:

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Sandi, I am *so* glad you got a chance to play along! Welcome! I absolutely *love* your card! You little elephant is so cute and I love the layered scallops and the striped square and its colour are *perfect* for the inspiration! I really hope you'll keep playing along if this is what I can expect! *wink* Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

Kate said...

Sweet card, love it!

~Kate~

Monique Liedtke said...

What a super sweet card! Love that elephant! and love the colors!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

OMG, this is the cutest EVER!!!!!