3/25/2014

A Friend Card

I signed up for the Clean and Simple Card Class.  Of course, I was so excited I watched all of the videos and the tips.  I just couldn't wait.  In time, I know that I will try each one of the new techniques that I have learned in the class! It was well worth the $.
So, along with watching the videos and then going over to the CASE Study Challenge Blog and seeing Joni Nina Andaya's card this week...it sent my head spinning!


And here is my card...
supplies: paper- white greeting card (paper studio), bliss blue (stampin' up), ink-lulu lavender, lilac posies, pear tart and summer sky and tuxedo black (memento ink); stamps- Inkadinkado;  die cuts- labels trio (spellbinders); ribbon - unknown

All I did was cut the label out with my Big Shot.  Then popped the label back in.  Grabbed my stamp set and my colors and went to work.  You just need to make sure that your cutout doesn't move.  This was my second attempt.  The first time I didn't allow most of the butterfly to be on the outside of the frame, so it looked funny.  You couldn't tell what the image was.  And I must admit I really didn't like it at all until I added the greeting.  That made it pop...along with mounting it on the blue cardstock and putting the polka dot ribbon behind it. 

And this is where I got my color inspiration for the card...over at Dynamic Duos Challenge Blog.


Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Hope you are having a great week!

3 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

Love your cut-out for the sentiment and butterflies around the opening!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Dynamic Duos :-)

Michelle Arnold said...

I like the look of the card, it look great. Fun and playful. I think I might need to take a class for inspiration as well... it sure worked for you!

Sarah Fleming said...

Very cute! I like how you framed the negative die cut with the butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!