3/04/2014

Case Study Challenge #180

I waited until almost the last possible minute to complete this challenge , but it doesn't mean that I wasn't thinking about how I could make it work in my mind.  Danielle Flanders has been the Muse this month and wowsers her stuff is very inspiring! 
My inspiration was the color yellow and the use of the frame.
But first...I must admit...I finally took the plunge and joined the Unity Stamp Company monthly stamp club.  I just couldn't resist any more!

Here was February's stamp set...

and I can hardly wait...
Here is March's stamp set...
You can get it here.

So...see what I used to make my card!
Here's what I came up with...
supplies: paper-white greeting cards (paper studio) and atlantic (studio calico); ink- lido (amuse studio), black (color box), tuxedo black (memento) and gelatos (faber castell); stamps- grow into spring Feb 2014 Kit of the Month, Be Owl Mine (unity stamps co); stickers: pillow stickers Carolyn Gavin (k and co)

And a close up...
I stamped the background stamp in lido (yellowish mustard color) then stamped over top of that color with the black color box pigment pad so that the words would stick out.  I just put dots on the butterfly and then colored them with my watercolor aqua painter.

I got a WOW, that looks nice! from  my 14 year old son tonight when he came to ask me to sign his math test.  That was so sweet of him!  I actually really like how it turned out too!

Thanks for stopping by today!
See you soon and happy creating!

14 comments:

Michelle Arnold said...

I love it. You didn't tell me about the stamp club. Totally jealous!!!

Tracy said...

So very pretty, love the colours!
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxox

Kris said...

Just a beautiful card Sandi. The KOTM subscription is so worth it.

Gaylynn said...

Another beauty. Such pretty creations on your blog. :)

KristyLee said...

So FABULOUS! My you are a busy Lady, but with all of those Unity stamps I guess you need to be ha ha!
I found you through Unity's Friends with Flair.
Peace,
KristyLee

Ruby said...

Another great project. Thanks for the inspiration.

Dr. Ivy said...

Very pretty. Love how you used the stamps.

Angeline Choo said...

Such a fun card !! Love how you used the stamps

Beejay said...

Crazy fun colors! You have been busy!

Rachel said...

LOVE the colors! so striking!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

joybear said...

Very sweet, love the cheerful colors!

Crystal said...

This is a superfun card! Love the colors and design!

Cynthia said...

Bright and cheerful design, Sandi!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Love the way you added all the little embellishments!