2/05/2014

Seize the Birthday Chevrons and Paper Poppy Feb. Sketch

We had an ice storm here today! So NOT fun, but that meant I could work on some card challenges.  
I had fun with this one.  I decided to make a birthday card and play along over at Seize the Birthday.  

This week the topping is "Chevrons"...ooh la la!
You have until Tuesday, February 11 at 9am PST to get your card posted to inlinkz!

Here's what I came up with...
Supplies: cardstock-vanilla (amuse studio); pattern paper and embellishments-apple jack (sassafras lass); stamps- essential sentiments (amuse studio) and ink-tuxedo black (memento)

As I worked with the paper, I wished that Sassafrass Lass was still in business.  I always loved their bright out of the box papers and their yummy embellishments!!! 

And I also found this sketch over at Laura Davis' blog


She is having a sketch challenge until the end of February and you could win a nice little bundle of twine.  

Here's my take on the sketch...
Supplies: cardstock-vanilla (amuse studio), pattern paper-miss caroline-dolled up (my mind's eye), ink-seattle (amuse studio), stamps-one of a kind (stampin' up), accessories- scallop border punch (stampin' up), kraft baker's twine and pink, broken china, frosted lace and scattered straw stickles.

This is my interpretation of the sketch.  I think you can still see the sketch.  I kind of flipped it and added some embellishments...although the pattern paper made it very EASY for me. :)

Here's a close up of the stickles that I added to give it some dimension.

Thanks for stopping by! 
Hope you had a great Wednesday!

4 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Sandi
Your cards are awesome, especially the second;) your card is so beautiful I love all the detail and those ruffles...stunning!
Thanks for playing with Poppy Sketches!
Laura

Sharyn Polesel said...

Both cards are beautiful! Love the bright, cheery colors of the first. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Jodene said...

I love both of your cards, especially the bright vibrant design of the first one! Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

Monique Liedtke said...

Love your cards!! I still have some Sassafras supplies too, but I'm afraid to use them, I want to hold on to them, silly right?