2/19/2014

Retrosketches 102 and CAS(E) this Sketch 64/Dynamic Duos 90

I am loving Retrosketches.
The linky closes at 11:59pm Central on Friday, February 21st, 2014.
 So you still have lots of time to play along!
Here is my take on it...
supplies: pattern paper- arctic chill (fancy pants), cardstock- sugar (amuse studio); ink- tuxedo black (memento); stamps-handscripted (amuse studio); sequins- irridescent ice (dollar tree)

I know I've been complaining about all the snow, but I have to say I like this kind of snow so much better!  No shoveling, not cold...but very pretty!:)

A close up...
I moved the sketch around a little on my card.  I really like how I took a circle and cut only a piece of it off and added it to the journal card under the word you.  I think it adds a little oomph!

With my next card I integrated two challenges into the card.
The first challenge is the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge Blog.  It is due tomorrow (Thursday), Feb 20th at 9am EST. 

And I also added the color challenge from Dynamic Duos.  It is due tomorrow (Thursday) Feb 20 at noon PST.

And now for my card....
I am anxious for spring!
supplies: cardstock-vanilla (amuse studio), stamps- touch of nature and handscripted (amuse studio), ink- lido (amuse studio) and tuxedo black (memento ink); sequins- gold (dollar tree)

A close up...
I love this stamp set.  It is absolutely gorgeous and I had a feeling that shade of yellow would just make that stamp come alive! 

If you want a chance to win some free Pretty Little Studio, check this out!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Hope you are having a great week!

2 comments:

canadian_liner said...

That birds' nest stamp is lovely! And you're right it looks awesome in that warm yellow. It gives a vintage/parchment feel that suits the design really well. Beautiful CAS card! Thanks for sharing with us at the Dynamic Duos this week.

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely cards! I especially love the second one you made -- fabulous take on the sketch!