2/23/2014

Playing with Embossing Powder


 Have you ever done this? I call it the 1-2-3 Quick As A Bunny Embossing Technique.  I was showing my friend some different ways to emboss today and this was the one way I showed her.  You lather up the cardstock with your versamark pad where your image is going to go and ink the stamp with versamark.  Then sprinkle embossing powder all over that area.  Heat it.  Then add more embossing powder, this time heating under the paper (so the embossing powder doesn't fly all over the place).  Repeat last step.  Finally, place your image into the melted embossing powder and pull out.  Voila! Hint...use a clothespin to hold the cardstock...it gets REALLY hot!

Then I came home and used my gelatos.
So I ended up with this...
supplies: cardstock - white (unknown), ink-versamark and gelatos (faber castell), stamps - stampin' up, embellishments- gold sequins (dollar tree), gold embossing powder (stampin up)

As I was showing Michelle my mind was thinking about these two challenges...

Muse Card Club's Challenge using Marion Vagg's card
 

 The butterflies inspired me!

Thanks for stopping by today!
If you want to win some Pretty Little Studio embellies, check this out!

7 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

That is a really cool look. Love the rainbow of colors you added around the stunning butterfly! Awesome!

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

I had forgotten this technique - it is a really neat effect! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week!

Geri said...

What a cool look...I've never tried this myself, but it looks fun! THanks for the details on it! And thanks so much for joining us at FUSION!!!

Michelle Lupton said...

What a cool technique! Thanks for playing along with us at FUSION card challenge :)

SmilynStef said...

What a fun technique ... I am always amazed by the magic of embossing ... so glad you joined us at the Fusion Card Challenge.

Monique Liedtke said...

What a super fun technique! I've never even heard of it!! Love the Gelatos background too! so colorful!

Deepti said...

what an amazing technique :) it creates a very cool look