2/23/2014

My Sunday Cricut Adventure

There are times when I feel so guilty because I have the Cricut Expression and the Gypsy and it just doesn't seem to ever be my "go to!"  After several hours of working on and finally completing this card I know why I don't use it.  Because although I hate to totally admit it...I tend to be a LITTLE anal retentive...lol!
I started working on this card at 9:30 this morning.  Now mind you I took a shower and talked to a few people, but I know this card took me 3 hours to make...hence my Sunday Cricut Adventure.   That's a LONG time in my book! 

Here's my card...
supplies: cardstock-glorious green, rose red and chocolate chip (stampin up), sugar, lido, and bubblegum (amuse studio); ink-sky (amuse studio); stamp-polka dot(amuse studio); other: hoot and holler (cricut provo craft)

I cut the branches and owl at 2".  The santa hat at 1" and the words at 11/4".  The holly leaves that I cut out was a branch that I cut out at 1" also.  Hopefully, that will make it easier for you to reproduce your card.

I made this card because over at Merry Monday Christmas Challenge you need to use holly on your card.

I also followed Chupa's sketch and actually CASED her card (I know I did) over at Sketchbook Saturday.  (Hope she doesn't mind!) :)

Thanks for stopping by today!
If you want to win some free Pretty Little Studio embellies, click here.
Have you seen a robin yet?

6 comments:

Notes by Nina said...

Very cute card, I love your little owl. Thank you joining us for Merry Monday.

Kristie Goulet said...

Love your owl and fun sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday! :)

Katie Melhus said...

What a cute little scene, that owl is adorable! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

Lesley Croghan said...

Wow, this is super! Love the fun look and the way you interpreted the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a cute design, love it! Surely I don't mind either, I'm glad that I inspired you! xx

Monique Liedtke said...

LOL!! I love your card, especially the owl! (but 3 hours is a bit much, you're right :) ).