2/03/2014

MFT Sketch Challenge 161 and Cuppa Cocoa

I was inspired by this picture at Curtain Call Challenge blog.

And by this sketch at My Favorite Things.

Supplies: cardstock- vanilla (amuse studio), pattern paper-all bundled up (crate paper), inks-french roast (amuse studio) and sunkissed peach glimmer mist (tattered angels), stamps-short and sweet (stampin up), mouse in cup (my favorite things), accessories-red sequins (queen &co), scallop punch (EK success), watercolor pencils (fantasia)

I must admit this was not the original paper I was going to use, but once I watercolored it, the blues did not match.  I was back at square one and decided that the neutral kraft with polka dots and newsprint worked very well from the Crate paper  All Bundled Up line. 

The image was on white cardstock.  Since my pattern paper had more of a vanilla hue, I took the sunkissed peach glimmer mist and sprayed it on a paper towel then dabbed it onto my image to give it more of a vanilla hue.  If you look closely, you can see the texture that I created on the image.  I also dabbed the scallop punch and the outside of the card with the paper towel to give it some texture.  For those of you wondering why I used the paper towel, it was because I had more control over the glimmer mist that way.  I didn't want big globs all over the place and I could control how little or how much I wanted in certain places. 

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments: