2/09/2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #63 and The Card Concept #3


The Card Concept has their challenge of using only pink and since I used the CAS(E) this sketch I definitely used the Clean and Simple Design for my card.  The Card Concept's challenge is due by Feb 17 at noon (PST).

CAS(E) this Sketch has this amazing sketch this week! This challenge is due on Thursday Feb 13 at 9am EST.

Here's my card...
supplies: cardstock- sugar (amuse studio); cricut cartridge - cindy loo (2 3/4in); stamps- essential sentiments (amuse studio); ink - tuxedo black (memento), gelatos (faber castell); embellishments - ribbon (michaels), button (unknown), pink and white baker's twine (divine twine)

And a close up of the gelatos...
 I used the 3 pinkish colors of gelatos ....coloring directly on my cut out and then I used my watercolor blender brush to blend each color separately.  Finally I tried to blend them together between colors so there wasn't too much of a difference.

I also wanted to share my 5 year old neighbor's "literal" take on the CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge this week.  It made me smile...hope it makes you smile too!


Thanks for stopping!
Hope you are having a great Sunday!

5 comments:

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Wow! You stamped on ribbon!? It looks great! I also love the variegation of the pinks on your die cut! Thanks so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

Cathy Weber said...

Wow. This is beautiful and I can't believe I found something that I don't own yet...gelatos! You are going to cost me some serious money this weekend...love the effect your got on your die cut, such a variegated look...love the stamping on the ribbon and the cute button!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is gorgeous, love your gelatos medley. Thank you so much for join us at the Card Concept!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Your post brought a smile to my face; love the literal translation that your neighbor shared! Your cas design is beautiful. It is a great example of a CAS mixed media card. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept this week!

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely card! Wonderful take on the sketch!