2/04/2014

CAS(E) this Sketch 62 and Merry Monday 94

This morning we had a  2 hour delay.  My alarm went off at 6:30am.  I started thinking about the CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #62 and remembered that I had a cute stocking pattern paper from All Bundled Up (Crate Paper) 6X6 paper pad.  That's the challenge over at Merry Monday.  I was envisioning the card in my head and how it was all going to go together. So, I decided I might as well get up and see what it would really look like.

Here's the sketch (you have until 9am EST on Thursday to submit your card using this sketch)...

And remember to use stockings over at Merry Monday (you have until Monday at 5am PST)...

 Supplies: cardstock-vanilla (amuse studio), pattern paper- all bundled up (crate paper), ink-seattle and cranberry (amuse studio), stamps- making merry words stamps (little yellow bicycle), accessories- bling (martha stewart) and green sharpie marker

I really like how it turned out! I love those big word stamps from Little Yellow Bicycle and this sketch was perfect to use it with.



I didn't have bling in the green, so I used a sharpie marker to color them.  I wanted to add a little more texture by cutting the pattern paper that I layered the words on.  I think it looks so festive all frilled up and such an easy technique.

You still have time to try your hand at these challenges!
Thanks so much for stopping by! 

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love the "ruffled" edges to your sentiment and the beautiful green stones! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Judy1223 said...

Sandi, Wow, your card is adorable, and how perfect is that paper for this week's challenge at Merry Mondays! Great card...love the gems!

Notes by Nina said...

Very cute card, I love the fun bright papers you used. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is wonderful! I love those stamped sentiments!

Lori said...

Super cute card! I love that stocking paper and the gems are perfect! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week xoxoxo

Wendy said...

Your card is wonderful, Sandi! That stocking paper is just perfect for this week's challenge! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)