1/21/2014

Case Study #174, Studio Calico Sketch and my Sailor!

 Supplies: cardstock- sugar and orange polkadot(amuse studio); ink- summer sky inkpad (memento), black ink pad(memento), midnight glimmer mist (tattered angels), YG45, R29, Y19 (copic markers), orange (sharpie); stamps- amuse studio; accesories-pearls(amuse studio)

I sponged the summer sky ink onto the sugar cardstock and then just dabbed the midnight mist on.  From there I fussy cut clouds and popped them.  I actually stamped the kite on the sponged cs, then popped up the colored one.   It's a lot more softer in real life.

Here was my inspiration ...
If you have not stopped over to see the Design Team's takes on the muse...it is well worth your while! Love them all! 



 Supplies: pattern paper and cs(studio calico Aug 2012 kit), red cs (coredinations), sugar (amuse studio); saying and black flower: Little Yellow Bicycle stickers; accessories: 2" scallop punch (EK success); red twine (twinery); blue pearls (amuse studio), dazzling diamonds glimmermist (tattered angels).

I found this card sketch over at Studio Calico blog and decided to play along. 

And here's a close up of it.  
If you want to know how I made the flower, you can check out my tutorial here from a few years ago.  I did not ink it.  I only sprayed it with dazzling diamonds glimmermist.

I was MIA the end of last week because I went to my oldest daughter's Navy Boot Camp graduation.  I can not describe to you the aching I had to see her, but yet how proud I was/am of her.  When the garage door opened into the hall and the divisions stood there with their big raincoats, white scarves and all decked out in their uniforms with over 700 sailors standing in that line...tears began to stream down my face.  The tenacity those "kids" had/have is unbelievable.  If you've never been to Chicago...let me just tell you...it's FREEZING there! All it did was snow while we were there.  My body ached for the sun! (And now we're back in PA and we get 5-6" of snow today! GRR!) When her division entered the building, I spotted her right away, but kept on second guessing myself!

Here she is after waiting what seemed like FOREVER to hug her!
 And here she is with her sister.  Love the smiles!!!
Now I will at least get to talk to her on the weekends.  She is staying in Illinois for her ASchool! BRRRR! is all I've got to say!

Thanks for stopping by! Stay warm!



No comments: