2/11/2012

Yee Haw Collection from TaDa!

Here's my first project with the new Yee Haw collection! I literally just picked my box up from the post office at 9 this morning and two hours later this is what I have for you! And let's not talk about the mess that I have to clean up as I was in my creative zen! LOL!

Supplies:
pattern paper: Yee Haw collection from Ta Da, laser cut: 6X6 Lucky in Burning Ember, embellishments: Sassafras Lass, provocraft: Cricut accent essentials cartridge

I sanded it and distressed the edges of everything.  I am really happy with it even though it's just a very simple layout!
You know they always say a picture is worth a thousand words.  Jeremy wore that hat and those mud boots 24/7 when he was 4 years old.  I'll never forget when I had to take my oldest to the dentist one day and I fought with him about wearing those boots for 15 minutes.  Finally, I gave in and realized that it just didn't matter! When we got to the dentist that day, the girls there just laughed and laughed and Jeremy looked at me and said, "See, they think I look cool!" In my mind I thought no...they think you look ridiculous! Isn't it amazing how things that seemed so important then, was just so NOT!  I can't believe he is almost 12!

Have a scrappy day! Hope it is filled with joy!