2/19/2012

Poolside TaDa Winter 2012 Collection

I dug out some printed pics from 2000 to do this layout! I knew they would be just perfect for this collection.  How many pool/beach/water pics do you have already printed or on your digital camera? Too many to count...like me! This collection is PERFECT for all of them.

There are some days that you remember like yesterday when you see pictures. This was one of those days.  My sister and Dalton (my nephew) were visiting.  It was such a hot day and I was so pregnant! (Jeremy was born 9 days later!) Watching them run around the water sprinkler was just hilarious! They liked it on low, so hardly any water came out.  Then they would shake their little bottoms in it!  And the smiles on their faces was unforgettable!

  Supplies: pattern paper-Ta Da Poolside Collection, journaling card-Ta Da Poolside snippets and clippets, embellishments-Ta Da Poolside collection stickies, Jenni Bowlin crepe paper ribbon, Bo Bunny chipboard, Kaisercraft gems, American Crafts foam letters; ink-Amuse Studio seattle craft pad

This was a simple page to make.  I pulled my nail around the edges of all the pattern paper to distress it a little and then slide my ink pad across the paper.  Cut a 4" piece of Snack Shack.  Then I cut about a 2" piece of SPF 50 and fringed the bottom by trying to stay as close as I could on the red and white stripe lines and attached to the bottom underneath of the snack shack piece. Last I curled up the fringes that I cut.  I placed the crepe paper over the top and then folded it over to create more 3D on my page.

Closeups of the flip flop stickie.  You can see how I fringed the bottom of the paper with the scissors.

 Close up of the star stickie...
It was so fun doing this page! Helps me think of the warm weather that is hopefully on its way.  Make sure you are checking out Ta Da's blog to see all the yummy projects that are being made with Yee Haw and Poolside Collections. 
Hope you are having a scrap happy weekend!

1 comment:

soapHOUSEmama said...

very fun LO! Love that polka dot in the background :)