7/17/2011

Practicing Copic!!

So yesterday I decided that I would try my hand at practicing using the Copic markers that I do have along with pairing them with the Bic and Sharpie permanent markers that I have too.  I am finding that by jumping in with two feet and just fooling around with it to find out what feels right and looks right to my eye is really something you need to do to feel more comfortable with them.  It's not like using watercolor pencils or the watercolor crayons.  It really is a total different feel even though some of the concepts may be the same. 

Here's my first one...
Supplies: 
cardstock-Stampin' Up!
pattern papers and sticker-Crate Paper
ink-Memento Black Tuxedo, Copic, Sharpie and Bic Markers, crumb cake from Stampin Up!
stamps-Autumn Leaves Stampology, unknown...cupcake
accessories-Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam on the icing of cupcake

You can see I have some smudges from the red copic, but I didn't think it was too bad.

And here's my second one...
I decided to play along with Some Odd Girl this week and complete the challenge of using the DT's cards as inspiration.  I decided to use Robin's card and Kristy's card as inspiration.  I changed mine up a little and turned it, but it has the same sketch concept.  
 Supplies:
cardstock-Stampin Up!, PaperTrey Ink
pattern paper-Graphic 45 (from several different lines)
ink-Memento, Stampin Up!, Copic, Bic and Sharpie Markers
stamp-sentiment Inkadinkado


Here she is all colored in.  I was so proud of the finished project.  I can understand why people have totally fallen in love with the Copic markers.  I can't wait to do more of it.
 So, have you taken the plunge and tried out the Copic Markers yet?
Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you are having a scrap happy weekend!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

looks like you rocked the copic!!!! i need to try some of them babies!!

Ninie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carlie M. said...

This is fantastic! Great card for being inspired by both of those talented girls! Love everything about it! Thanks for joining us on Some Odd Girl!

Kristy said...

Love your take on the lift! Way to make it your own! Its lovely! Thanks for being Odd!