4/01/2011

Fun In the Neighborhood Trail Makers Blog Hop!


In case you get lost, here's the links!
First up is our Appetizer at Heather T's ...Guest Designer for April 
Going for drinks next at Amarilys'
Then we're off to Yara's for some salad
And the main dish at Sandi's ... you are HERE!!!
A scrumptious side dish at Karen's
 A yummy dessert at Krystle's
An after dinner mint at Krisi's Kreations...Sponsor for April
 And ending the evening playing some cards at Tanya's
Then come back here, become a follower (if you aren't already)and tell us what you liked best about the Fun in the Neighborhood Blog Hop for a chance to win an April 2011 The Paper Trail Kit (retail value $35). 
WOWsers!!! That's going to be one lucky winner!
Hurry and get hopping!
You have until 11PM EST on Sunday, April 3rd to complete the hop and
get your comments posted!
So glad you stopped by for the main dish...pesto chicken manicotti!
You can find the recipe here  if you want.
I got my inspiration from the idea of filling the manicotti with something and also the ridges in the manicottis.
Here it is:
I made it using 3 of Krisi's Kreations pillow box small templates and from her accordion flower. Krisi is our sponsor this month at Trail Makers.  I altered the directions from the pillowbox bucket at Splitcoast Stampers, but it basically goes together the same way to make this basket.  I will make another one and have the exact measurements for you later this week.  I just don't want to tell you wrong.   Some hints when making the accordion flower...have patience (LOL!) I had a piece of scrap paper covered in 4 pop dots to lay the flower down onto, so it will stick and stay.    This one isn't perfect, but I think it adds some character.  To get my texture on my brown cardstock I used my Big Shot and embossing folder. 
This is the Pillow Box template I used.

And here is the accordion flower template I used.

Don't you just love that Crate paper Neighborhood collection that is in April's The Paper Trail Kit?
The papers are just so versatile! Can't wait to play with more of them! You know these will be great for spring, Easter, rainy days and also everyday photos.  I love when I find paper like that!
April 2011 Kit includes 8 Crate Paper Neighborhood DS patterned papers, 4 sheets Bazzill cardstock, Crate Paper Neighborhood alpha stickers (12x12), Border stickers, trims, and buttons. Plus, Prima felt embroidered flowers, Prima birds, and a package of Bo Bunny Double Dot Chipboard Swirls and alphabet.

Hope you enjoyed your main dish.  I am giving away an RAK if you become a follower of mine (you'll get 1 entry) and if you leave a comment telling me what  your favorite main dish is to serve at your house I'll give you another entry.  I am always looking for something new to serve here at The Johnson dinner table!
I'll announce my winner on Tuesday, April 5th. 
Now you are on to Karen's side dish!
I am sure you will enjoy what she has cooked up for you!
Hope you are having a great time on our Fun in the Neighborhood Blog Hop!
Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

It is hard to choose just one favorite dish. I am a sucker for any kind of pasta, so I would say eggplant parmesan is #1 right now!

Super cute basket, I love the accordion flower.

Amanda said...

I love your basket and the flower! I don't cook that much since I still live at home with my parents. I guess my favorite dish to cook is scrambled eggs & rice. I make it for myself because no one else likes it. The eggs and rice are cooked separately, but blended after cooking. A foreign exchange student from Indonesia taught my sister how to make it when she was in high school. I've learned how to make it since then obviously. I just became a follower of your blog!

Krystle said...

What a fun altered project!

Yara said...

Beautiful basket! Perfect for easter! Like very much the accordion flower! My favorite dish is fish! Grilled fish with fresh vegetables! I am a follower already!

Connie said...

bring on Spring!!!! love the basket~perfect for the kids this easter!!

SavannaLea said...

what a cute basket... my favorite meal is the first thing my husband ever cooked for me, angel chicken pasta... I am already a follower =)

Suzy said...

The basket is too cute! I am in love with the April kit! Thanks for sharing.
Suzy suzyq28024@gmail.com

Sonia said...

I love all you did.The main dish inspiration look so yummy!... my fav of your creation is the basket look so pretty!
-Sony

Linda Beeson said...

Yes, I want to make that chicken dish, wow! Your little projects are so adroable with some really great details.