March Crop Addict Kit 2011 includes:
My Little Shoebox All a Flutter Collection - Double Sided:
•Wings and Things
My Little Shoebox Flying High Collection - Double Sided:
•Bird's Eye View
Dream Street Birdie Bits Collection - Double Sided:
•Building a Home
•Nothing to Lose
•Sing Just Enough
6 Sheets of Bazzill Cardstock:
•Apple Pie Round Cardstock
•Phoenix Dotted Swiss
•American Crafts Thickers
•Carolee's Creations Adornit Mini Alphabet Stickers
•Jenny Bowlin Label Strip Stickers (2, varies)
•Making Memories Wordfetti
•Cardstock Diet Cut Flowers
•Prima Baroque Blooms
•Bella Blvd Blooms a Bella (1, varies)
•Hampton Arts Studio G Clear Stamp
•1 yard May Arts Red Twill Ribbon - 3/8"
•1 yard May Arts White Velvet Ric Rac - 1/2"
•1 yard May Arts Light Blue Check Ribbon - 3/16"
•1 yard May Arts Pink Grosgrain with White Stitched Edge Ribbon - 3/8"
•1/2 yard May Arts sheer Light Green with Green and Orange Circle Ribbon - 1 1/2"
You can get it here!
This picture was taken at a Girl Scout camping trip that our whole family went on. On the last day, we were taking pictures of the girls and Jeremy decided that he would be a goofball and run into the picture just as I was taking it. His favorite saying is "What's Up?" and I think it was very fitting for this picture! He is truly a goofball, but we love him tremendously!
I used the Dream Street Papers from the March 2011 Crop Addict Kit and a piece of "green" Bazzill cardstock that is in the kit.
1. Cut the floral paper 81/2 X11 and then cut the blue piece about 3", the striped piece about 21/2" and the green piece about an 11/2".
2. Sew around the green piece of Bazzill two times with black thread and also inked it up with charcoal colorbox ink.
3. The green piece of paper that is 11/2" cut in on each of the lines to the next line on the graph. The graph paper design really makes it easy to cut straight and have them be about the same width a part. Curl your edges with by rolling with your fingers.
4. Place all the pieces on top of the floral piece starting from the left with the blue, then the striped and then the curled green piece.
5. Sew around the outside edge. When you get to the part that is curled go as far in as you can and then backstitch. Cut your threads. Move your needle, so you are under where it will be curled and start sewing. Also, you can add some zig zag stitching in there to give it more dimension.
6. Using your scissors cut the scallop around the edge of the Dream Street Paper and then turn it over on the back. Cut it about 6" long and then use the other side (printed black) to layer on top.
7. Cut the heart out of your Dream Street paper and place popdot on back.
8. Cut about a 3" piece of red ribbon and tie in a knot. Place on your page with a popdot. Then mono the edges down creating a pucker effect.
9. Run your charcoal color box ink pad along the cardstock to create a shadow. Place your red letters on top...what a ... Then sew straight edge and change to zigzag stitch. You may want to practice on a scrap sheet, so you know what it looks like and how your machine works.
10. Place American crafts fabric letters on green bazzill.
11. Cut out blank quote and put What's Up on it. Attach to picture.
12. Using the scrap piece of green chart Dream Street paper, place behind the picture and journal the date on it.
13. Punch holes in the top right hand corner. Place the metal brads from We R Memory Keepers that are located in the March Kit on your page.
Voila! All done!
If you have any questions, just let me know!
Hope you are having a great time on the blog hop and having a scrap happy day!
See you tomorrow!!!
I'm going to show you the rest of my projects that I created with the kit
and give you directions to another one of my projects!