3/23/2011

Sketch Challenge at Trail Makers

I love Amarilys' sketch.  It was so easy to create a layout using it.  I have to say this another one of my favorite layouts I have created so far this year.  I used some of my Making Memories paint and wet my sponge brush to create the frame around the pattern paper, the photo, fabric letters and tag.  I sprayed my doily with Tattered Angels glimmermist sand.  You know you can get those doilies at The Dollar Tree.  And no...I didn't take this picture so that I would have it to go with this line in March's The Paper Trail Kit.  It was taken a few years ago on Easter.  And as always, Kati was acting so silly.  Her dress was so busy, so I made it black and white and softened it around the edges. 

Don't you just love that ribbon that is included in March's The Paper Trail Kit? Oh my....it is so beautiful!!! To create the flower effect, I just tied the ribbon three times loosely, put a pop dot on the back of it, stuck it to the paper and then played with it once I put it down to get it to look like that.

So, have you made a layout to go with this great sketch?
Have you ordered this springy, fun kit from The Paper Trail?
Have a wonderful day!
Hope the weather is starting to look just like this kit in your neck of the woods!

4 comments:

Connie said...

Thanks for the inspiration!! I have that paper too and love it. Your LO is beautiful and love the ribbon!!!

Lynn said...

how gorgeously vintage. i love it. yum!

Yara said...

Hi, Sandi! Love your take on the sketch! Beautiful photo! Congrats on the TADA team too!

Sandie said...

Such a lovely romantic effect!