3/20/2011

A Layout and A Cup

A few weekends ago, my sister and I went to a weekend crop.  It was so fun to spend the weekend with her.  We live two and a half hours away and don't get to see each other as often as we would like.  I have to tell you, I don't get much done when I go because I spend too much time talking and having a good time.  I wanted to share a couple things that I finished.  Have to say I LOVE them!!!!

This again reminds me of how far behind I am in scrapbooking.  These pics were taken before I had a digital camera in the Summer of 2001.  I used the glimmer mist to add a little color to the cardstock.  I also sewed around the edge twice with brown thread and then used yellow thread to zigzag to create some texture on the border.  I also folded the paper kind of funky like and stitched it with white thread.  Of course, you can see I did a lot of fussy cutting too! It was so fun and I love how it came together.
Supplies used:
pattern paper: No Rush and Turtles Lane from Turtles and Trees Collection... My Little Shoebox
cardstock: bazzill
Glimmermist: Tattered Angels lemon
Transparency: My Little Shoebox
letters: My Little Shoebox and American Crafts
ink: Colorbox chalk ink dark brown

I also created an insert for a mug.  It actually was the challenge at the Crop to decorate the insert of the mug.  It was so fun once I got started.





I just fussy cut around all the cupcakes.  Inked up the brown cardstock, the cupcakes and the foam.  Sewed around the cardstock in white.  Then attached them all to the piece of cardstock.  For the title I punched that out of an EK Success punch and put so sweet! on the punch. 

Supplies used:
pattern paper: Half a Cup from Just Add Butter My Little Shoebox collection
cardstock: regal rose Stampin Up
ink: Tattered Angels glimmermist, Chalkbox Dark Brown ink pad
letters: American Crafts and My Little Shoebox
punch: EK Success
ribbon: Stampin Up

To add a little bit of something...something, I cut out 8 scallop flowers and made this little flower.  You can learn to make this flower by going to my tutorial here.  The scallop I got from Krisi's Kreations template here.  I sprayed it with some glimmermist to give it a little shine too.   


Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a scrap happy day!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

oooooooooo i love the lo very fun and colorful!! and i love the trick w/the paper. very cool. the mug is great too!

Janet M said...

Really nice blog - I like the layout design a lot and the cup and directions fantastic!

Pam Wendt said...

Both projects - and the flower - are beautiful! :o) (Your blog is pretty too - so bright and colorful!)