2/09/2011

Love Letters Trail Makers Challenge

I decided to try my hand at a couple cards this time with February's The Paper Trail Kit.  
Have you seen the Love Letters Challenge posted yet at Trail Makers?

Here's the first one...
It was very easy to make.  All I did was distress the sides of the card, ink it up.  Then I punched out a heart on a piece of paper and cut my heart out by hand on my Kraft cs.  I cut out a heart from the die cut piece that is included in the kit...L for lace(on the heart).  I inked up the whole Kraft cs and made sure I sponged around the heart cutout.  I attached a piece of the fabric trim border...T for trim.  Then I used a border punch and I was going to use the scallop, but I didn't like it.  So, I used the strip that was left from the border punch...E for edge punch.  Cut a tiny piece of ribbon and tied in a knot...R for ribbon.  Stamped 3 times hugs to you using the Everyday Life greetings set from My Pink Stamper...S for stamp.

Supplies used:
ridinghood red cs from Stampin Up!, crumb cake ink pad from Stampin Up!, pearls from Kaisercraft and black memento ink pad

and here's the other one...
It doesn't meet all the qualifications for the challenge, but thought I would share! I love how I just figured out that you can stick the larger pearls into a button.  It looks pretty cool!
I used the Everyday Life greetings stamps from My Pink Stamper too. 

Supplies used:
from my stash...crumb cake SU ink pad, black memento ink and pearl

Thanks again to our wonderful sponsor...

Thanks for stopping by today! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the Love Letter challenge! Remember if  you participate you have a chance to be our Guest Designer for April or even a chance at winning the Everyday Life Greeting stamp set for FREE.
This kit is very yummy and pretty. 
Hope you are having a scrappy great day!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

how adorable they are.