2/01/2011

February The Paper Trail Kit

I love sketches... It helps me get my creative juices flowing. Here's a sketch I used from Creative Scrappers for my debut layout at Trail Makers. 
 
It did kind of take on a personality of its own, but I like how it turned out!




This kit is just absolutely beautiful, but I am so afraid of it!!! I finally just opened the bag and started pulling out papers and cringed as I cut the paper.  This paper is just too beautiful to cut.  I decided to make a frame by cutting a square out of the middle.  I went down 101/2" and when I went up I stopped at 11/2" on each side.  So, then I had a square in the middle that pulled out.  I then took and cut narrow 1" strips all the way around.  I started to use a pen to roll them, but it was so much easier to roll 4 at a time with my fingers.  On the transparency, I stamped Families are Forever and Love in Staz On with My Pink Stamper's Everyday Life stamp set.  I used a yellow sharpie to color the glitter on the Prima flower and used my dark brown Chalkbox ink pad to distress it a little. 
Have you ever had a picture that you have laying around forever because you love it so much and want to make sure that you have just the right paper for it?  Well, this is one that I have pulled out and have had laying for at least a year.  I decided this was the paper.  I think that it was a great choice.  Thanks for looking! You better rush over to the store and grab this kit.  You can sit and smell the paper and oogle over it for a few days before you start using it!:)

Here's a picture of the February Main Kit...

and of the Add On Kit...

Last but not least I want to shout out a big Thank You to My Pink Stamper for sponsoring us this month and sending us DT Members all the Everyday Life stamp set to use with our projects this month.  Robyn is just such a sweetie. 


No comments: