1/05/2011

Make Your Own Embellishment Challenge at Trail Makers!

I love this Wintertime Collection by Echo Park that is in The Paper Trail Kit for January! I had so much fun making this layout! Adding a circle around the snowflake with my sewing machine created a really neat effect on this layout. For about 1/2 of the circle I used my hand to move the sewing machine with the dial. Then I couldn't stand it anymore, so I got off my circle. I thought I did a good job fixing it by sewing around it again and evening it up. Punched out circles with a pop dot on the back makes an automatic embellishment. The other thing I did was use the other 1/2 of my chipboard circle from my debut layout. I covered the board in the brown chalkbox ink and then I kind of bent it up to make it look like leather.
Supplies:
pattern paper: Wintertime Collection Echo Park from January's The Paper Trail Kit
stickers: Wintertime Collection Echo Park from January's The Paper Trail Kit
bling: Creative Charms Seasonal Medley from January's The Paper Trail Kit, Kaisercraft... my stash
chipboard: my stash
ink: color box chalk pad
Thanks for stopping by today. I know that you can make your own embellishment for your next scrapbook page and link it here, so we can give you some scrappy love!  You have until January 15th!

Happy crafting!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Connie said...

oh ~ I like it too!!!! Your LO is so cute!!! love the circle cute~ness!!!

Linda Beeson said...

I love those papers, cute layout

Lynn said...

totally cute. love the papers too.

ashjoy said...

Hi Sandi,
Love the embellishments.
Beautiful page

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Great layout! Thanks for the challenge tip & link. :)