1/01/2011

Debut Project for The Paper Trail January Kit

This is the fantabulous kit from The Paper Trail for January.  It is just amazing! I know I said that last month, but it is another amazing kit.  If you love Echo Park...you are sure to love this kit! There are also some great embellies from Creative Charms.  Look at that pom pom wire fiber "ribbon" that looks like little snowballs and see that chocolate ribbon with the polka dots...well...when I felt it, it has the consistency on the back of it like the ribbon that you wrap packages with and then curl it all up with scissors.  I just had to try it to see if it would work and guess what...it did!!! Can't wait to try that on a project I will make later on this month.  That sticker element page is so fun! Putting pop up dots on those or just keeping them as is jazzes up your page immensely! Ok...enough talk about the kit, just go buy it! I promise  you will NOT be sorry!

I found this sketch over at http://www.magistalmemories.blogspot.com/ and thought it would be a good starting point for my layout!

Here's my debut project!
 See, I told  you I loved those element stickers! You can spot them all over the place on this layout! When I got the kit this month, I knew exactly what pictures I wanted to use. This is the first time I have ever scrapped an 8 1/2X11 picture. It took me awhile to feel that I was doing the picture justice. My husband and I just love this picture of Jeremy. His blue eyes are so beautiful and it shows so much in this picture. I think I really captured his excitement of the almost 2 ft of snowfall we had last February. Notice the duct tape on the glove. It's not like he doesn't have other ones, but he really likes these!

Supplies:
paper: Wintertime Collection from Echo Park from January's The Paper Trail Kit
stickers: Wintertime Collection from Echo Park from January's The Paper Trail Kit
bling: Creative Charms Seasonal Medley from January's The Paper Trail Kit
ribbon: Stampin Up
brads: basic grey chipboard: from my stash
letters: Making Memories
ink: colorbox chalk ink

You need this kit!!! It is absolutely amazing!!! Make sure you go and get it at The Paper Trail before it's gone. You don't want to miss this one!

Have you been to TrailMakers blog yet to see the new challenge posted? If not, you'll want to rush right on over and check it out for yourself! I'll tell  you a little, but you'll get more of the details at the blog.  This time the challenge for the next two weeks is to create your own embellishment and put it on your layout.  Now I know so many of you out there are amazing at this and you do it automatically.   Hop on over and share your project with us, so the team can go and give you some scrappy love!



No comments: