12/31/2010

One Little Word


Well, it's New Year's Eve.  A time when everyone makes resolutions.  I always say I am going to start exercising more, clean my house more, etc.  But this  year I have decided to pick a word like Ali Edwards has the last few years.  You know I have to say the word was really easy for me to come up with because I know it's what I struggle with all the time.  I question myself and say: Am I being a good Mom, a good Wife, a good Teacher, a good Christian, a good Scrapbooker and the list could go on? 
Somehow, all those things become jumbled up into a big mess. 
So, this year my word is
BALANCE!

I want to keep everything unjumbled and clean. 
I already know that there are some things I could do immediately to make things easier for me.
Here's a few:
1. Like not wait until the last minute to do something.
2. Plan out the week...instead of living one day at a time.
3. Communicate more.
4. Don't be afraid to ask for help.
5. Get up earlier and go to bed earlier.
I am sure there will be things I will learn along the way, but I am pretty excited to think that I am starting the year out thinking about a balanced life and what I can do to make it better.
So, are you joining me? What's your word going to be? Post here by January 6th and I will draw a name for an RAK.  I'll post the winner on January 7th.  Can't wait to see what your word will be?


2 comments:

Monique said...

I'm not really sure yet because there are so many words I like for the next year, balance being one of them.... I think it will be "enjoy" and why...because I know I won't change myself so I might as well enjoy how I am right now!
Btw, I hugely enjoy being on the same DT with you!!!
Hugs,
Monique

Krisi and Adam said...

My word this year is HABIT. Creating new good ones, getting rid of bad ones and keeping good ones.