12/28/2010

Oh...Christmas Tree

Since I didn't get any pictures of my kids putting ornaments on the tree when we put the tree up.  I decided to snap some on Christmas Eve.  So, here are some pictures I took of my kids on Christmas Eve sportin' their new pajamas and pretending to put an ornament on the tree or "look" at an ornament.  I really love how they turned out.  Then, yesterday I put them on a layout.  Guess that's what happens when you love the pictures you take.  You just have to get them scrapbooked!

 
I had to improvise on the letters because I knew the glittery white chipboard letters would be perfect on the layout, but I didn't have 2 s's, so I used the 5 instead.  I think it gives the page even more personality.  This paper by Best Creation already has glitter on it and the beautiful tree with the ornaments on it.  I didn't want to take too much away from the paper, but I wanted to showcase my favorite photos of Christmas.  Sewing around the outside edge and creating a frame, I think brings your eyes to the pictures.  Adding some simple, yet elegant embellishments tops the page off. 

Here's a close up of the ornament that I cut out and put popdots under and then added a silver pipecleaner.

Supplies:
paper-Best Creation
chipboard letters and ribbon-American Crafts
bling-Queen and Co.

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you are getting some of those holiday photos scrapped!

1 comment:

Karen said...

That is a beautiful layout Sandi!! Love it! And the pics of the kids are gorgeous - I can see why you were so pleased with them!