12/01/2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas Blog Hop...December Debut!


Here's a picture of the amazing December Kit from The Paper Trail store.  You won't want to miss it, so hurry on over there and purchase one!


When I heard that Karen was using this as the kit, I was so excited.  This paper is just so versatile and can be used for so many things besides Christmas and within the realm of Christmas.  Here's my layout I made with the December Kit from The Paper Trail.

At first I thought I might need to make the photo black and white, but I think it works.  I love this picture of Jeremy and my nephews sleeping in my sister's bed .  So, so sweet! They were all tuckered out from all the Christmas family fun! Don't you just love Christmas Eve.  I remember as a child listening to Twas the Night Before Christmas and also it never failed we always seemed to put our Christmas tree up on Christmas Eve and then sing Christmas carols.  Now that I am older and have my own family, we have our tree up before Christmas Eve, so we tend to watch Christmas movies together and do any last minute things that need done for the excitement of the next day.

Supplies:
Pattern papers: Christmas Town Lily Bee Collection from The Paper Trail December Kit
Cardstock: Black Bazzill Cardstock from The Paper Trail December Kit and naturals ivory..Stampin Up
Stickers and Chipboard: Christmas Town Lily Bee Collection from The Paper Trail December Kit
Letters: American Crafts
Ribbon: from stash

Here's also a card I made...

You might think the Santa is a stamp, but he's not. He's from the rub-on collection.  I love him! He's so vintagey and it goes with this collection so well!
Supplies:
Cardstock-Sahara Sand and natural ivory Stampin Up
Pattern Papers-Christmas Town Lily Bee Collection from The Paper Trail store December Kit
Ink: Charcoal Colorbox chalk ink
Chipboard-Christmas Town Lily Bee Collection from The Paper Trail store December Kit
stamp: Stampin Up
rubon: Santa...Christmas Town Lily Bee Collection from The Paper Trail store December Add on Kit

What's a blog hop without an RAK? Here it is...Tattered Angels glimmermist Candy Apple Red! It just screams Christmas!


Here's how you can get it...tell me what you do on Christmas Eve in the comments.  And to all those who are my followers...thanks so much for stopping by and to those of you who are joining me for the first time, hope you stop back again! The blog hop will last until December 4th at 11pm EST.  I will pull the lucky winner and announce on December 5th.
Are you ready to continue your hop...wait until you see
what Jen has for you...it is jawdropping!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!

8 comments:

Suzanna said...

I am a follower and for Christmas eve we usually go to mass, have a simple dinner, sing carols and put out the milk, brandy and cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer! Love your LO. I think the color pic works too. OR you could leave the kids in color and make the rest B&W?... Just a thought.

Krystle said...

Beautiful layout! I love Christmas eve! We usually go to a Christmas eve service but this year we will be flying to see family at that time.

Denise said...

What a fabulous idea for a layout Sandi!!! I'm so going to "lift" it! Hope you don't mind :) I love the ribbon you added and all the trim at the bottom. Your card is awesome too. I can't believe that a rub on.

On Christmas Eve, we go to my mom's house and have Christmas with that side of the family. There are lots of kids and it just makes it so much fun. We eat a breakfast casserole my mom makes that is to die for!!! Afterward, we go to church, sing Christmas songs, read The Night Before Christmas, and put the kids to bed. You know the rest; last minute wrapping, do the stockings, and put together anything that needs assembly. Then we pray the kids don't get up too early. LOL, just joking.

Lillian Child said...

All of our family gathers at our home for a night of giggles and belly laughs. We do a candy exchange round robin and also my dad, who is now 85, reads the Night Before Christmas to all of us, and the little ones eyes just sparkle with the magic of Christmas.

Becky J said...

We usually scramble to make sure all gifts are wrapped early in the day, house is tidied, and on Christmas eve night, we usually have my family's traditional Newfoundland supper. It consists of cod fish, potatoes, sweet bread (raisin bread) cheese, purity syrup. Then we go to church...smelling like fish lol!! After church, we'd go visit a family friend of ours. They'd give us a gift, usually a Christmas decoration...it'd be the only gift we were allowed to open that night. Then home to bed!! This year, now that we have our daughter, and it's her first...things will probably be a little different.

Susie said...

We go to Christmas eve service, followed by a meal of munchie type foods and lots of goodies and we open one Christmas present... PJS that we wear for Christmas eve!!!

Ryder Royalty said...

LOVE the picture! It's too cute!
The card is super cute too!

Our Christmas Eve included Christmas Eve service, family game night (extended family too) with finger foods for dinner! So fun!

Patricia said...

Sandi I love your layout. I have trouble scrapin' just one picture on a page, but I really like this. Love the colors in this kit.

On Christmas eve we go to my In-laws. Most people do not like their In-laws but mine are wonderful. We have been doing this for 29 years and it has been a family tradition now!