12/22/2010

Get Your Tag on Challenge at Trail Makers!

I wanted so much to do Tim Holtz's 12 Days of Tags every day, but I am so far behind and have decided that I will do it when I have time. I have to tell you I was very inspired by the several videos that I watched of his.  When I found out that Karen's challenge for these 2 weeks at Trail Makers was to use tags, I decided to try my hand at some tags using some alcohol inks, glimmermist and the wonderful December Kit from The Paper Trail. It's great because you can use scraps or you can use some of the 12X12 piece of paper you haven't cut and still know that you can put that paper to great use.  All the tags were cut with my Plantin School House cricut cartridge.

Tag #1
Supplies:
cardstock: white bazzill from December Kit at The Paper Trail
paper: Christmas Town collection from Lily Bee from December Kit at The Paper Trail
chipboard stickers: Christmas Town collection from Lily Bee from December Kit at The Paper Trail
rubons: Christmas Town collection from Lily Bee from December Add-On Kit at The Paper Trail
Accessories: glimmermist midnight magic and snowflake stencil from Tattered Angels, Smooch Spritz silver and fibers from my stash

Tag #2

Supplies:

cardstock: red bazzill from December Kit at The Paper Trail
paper: Christmas Town collection from Lily Bee from December Kit at The Paper Trail
 stickers and chipboard stickers: Christmas Town collection from Lily Bee from December Kit at The Paper Trail
rubons: Christmas Town collection from Lily Bee from December Add-On Kit at The Paper Trail
Accessories: Smooch Spritz silver and fibers from my stash

Tag #3
Supplies:

cardstock: white bazzill from December Kit at The Paper Trail
chipboard stickers: Christmas Town collection from Lily Bee from December Kit at The Paper Trail
rubons: Christmas Town collection from Lily Bee from December Add-On Kit at The Paper Trail
Accessories: Ranger red and olive alcohol inks, Smooch Spritz silver and fibers from my stash

Tag #4
Supplies:

cardstock: red bazzill from December Kit at The Paper Trail
paper: Christmas Town collection from Lily Bee from December Kit at The Paper Trail
stickers and chipboard stickers: Christmas Town collection from Lily Bee from December Kit at The Paper Trail
Accessories: ribbon from December Kit at The Paper Trail and Smooch Spritz silver

Then I made a holder to put the tags in to keep.  I will probably make more tags to go in the holder and give it as a gift to someone that I think will enjoy it.

I'll tell you how to make it down below when I show you the inside.  It's really easy.  I didn't really measure much.  That's my kind of a project.:)
Supplies:
cardstock: red bazzill from December Kit at The Paper Trail
paper: Christmas Town collection from Lily Bee from December Kit at The Paper Trail
felt border: K and Co. from December Kit at The Paper Trail
flower: Prima from December Kit at The Paper Trail
letters: American Crafts foam from December Add-On Kit at The Paper Trail
Accessories: corner rounder, ribbon, alcohol inks and olive colorbox from my stash


So, all I did was fold the 12X12 pattern paper in half.  Then I folded my paper up about 21/2 -3".  I didn't measure...I just laid my tag there to see how far it needed to go up, so it wouldn't fall out.  Then I cut 3" off the other end.  I rounded the corners, added some gluestick to the right and left edges where you fold it up to create the pocket.  I just used a hole punch and created my hole to put my ribbon through.  My ribbon has wire in it, so to create the curly effect, I just wrapped it around a pen. 
Hope you find this helpful to use now or later.  Can't wait to see what you create for this challenge!!! Wait til you see the variety from the Design Team!!! And if you haven't purchased a December Kit, rush right over to The Paper Trail and get yours.  You won't be disappointed!!! Wishing you and your family a joyous and happy holiday season!!!
Hugs, Sandi
xoxo

No comments: