11/10/2010

Mouthwatering Challenge for TrailMakers

Supplies:
Wonderfall Collection Kit from Webster's
brown colorbox chalk ink pad

Here's my project for TrailMakers blog Challenge.  The challenge is to create a project that has to do with food...hence the name Mouthwatering Challenge.  Hope you will play along with us within the next two weeks.  Let me tell you a bit about my project.  It is a $1 store 7 X7 board book that I altered.  It's actually about Pooh and his Friends, but by the time I am finished you will never know that's what it was about at all.  All you do is cut the paper to fit your book and then sand off the corner edges.  I cut about a 3" piece for the spine of the book and attached that also.  Before I attached, I ran my almond colored colorbox chalk ink pad that is about dead for subtle colored edges along the sides. 
I plan on using this at Thanksgiving time to take pictures of all the different dishes that are on the table.  Then I'll bug my Mom for the recipes for the ones I don't know yet (because I don't like them...LOL) The food dishes we place on our Thanksgiving table have become a tradition.  Each year we have the exact same thing and if one of those dishes isn't there, someone is very disppointed.  We all have our favorites.  Mine is definitely the cranberry relish....yummy!!  In the end, I will have a completed heirloom to share with my daughters.  Hope I have inspired you today and that you are excited about participating in the Mouthwatering challenge this week at Trail Makers.  Because we do have a holiday this month this challenge will go for the entire month this time. You will have until Saturday, November 27th to submit your project.
As a special surprise - our kit store, The Paper Trail, will be giving away a prize valued at approx. $15 to one lucky participant this month if we have at least 10 participants! If we do get at least 10 challenge participants, Karen will randomly choose someone to receive a package containing Pink Paislee's Parisian Anthology Elements and the Alphabet as well. These go PERFECTLY with our November Vintage Family kit which is on sale in the store.


In case you missed it before, here is the Vintage Family Kit that she has for sale at the store.

 


No comments: