10/27/2010

NonHalloween Layout for TrailMakers Challenge Blog


I used this sketch from Let's Capture These Sketches!
I had so much fun completing this layout. I feel like it's been so long since I've taken some time for myself and so playing with my scrappy supplies and with the Scribble Scrabble Jeepers Creepers line Karen sent me made me happy. Nothing like a little scrappy therapy!!!
Supplies:
Scribble Scrabble Jeepers Creepers diecuts
Scribble Scrabble Jeepers Creepers Spooky Sampler
Scribble Scrabble Jeepers Creepers I Want Candy
black diamond stickles

My stash:
cardstock: Stampin Up
ink: colorbox chalk ink, glimmermist
buttons: odds and ends
letters: felt American Crafts
gems: Kaisercraft
As I was cropping my layout I realized I didn't even put the date of when it was taken and journal on it! It was taken two summers ago when my husband's friend went to an auction and found this "awesome" boat on a boat trailer for only $200. The catch is...the boat doesn't work...LOL!!! My husband's friend delivered it when my little brother and his family were here redoing our bathroom. Even though it just sat in the driveway, the kids were absolutely mesmerized by it. They spent most of the weekend sitting in there with the dogs and playing. My SIL and I had to snap some pictures of their silliness.

I have 3 tips this week. (That's what happens when you are in scrappy therapy mode.)
Tip #1: When you put buttons on and want a more finished look and want it to be fast....use embroidery thread. It only takes one or two times to go through the holes and you are done!
Tip #2: If you want colored gems and you don't have any...use a sharpie or bic permanent marker. That way you can have any color you want to match your pages!
Tip #3: If you buy Scribble Scrabble paper, make sure you use the bottom label portion of your paper too. That's what the black and white piece is with the zigzag stitch on my layout. I just cut it in half.
So, do you have some Halloween paper laying around and no Halloween pictures, aren't in the mood to scrap Halloween pictures...then this is the challenge for you?! Can't wait to see what you create! Make sure you are checking the TrailMakers store for a great sale and then be checking back at http://www.trailmakers.blogspot.com/  on November 1st for some changes that you won't want to miss. I promise!!

No comments: