8/25/2010

A Sketchy Affair At Trail Makers

I am so proud of myself.  I have finally accomplished something that I have NEVER done on any layout before.  What is that you say? I used many different manufacturer products on one page.  I am the kind of gal who picks up a kit and uses all that's in that kit.  Well, I didn't do it this time and I really like how it turned out.  My husband is also pretty pleased because he says I NEVER scrapbook him or my son, so this one's for you honey!!! They are pictures of them from Boy Scout Camp this summer.
Don't you just love sketches?! They give you a springboard to start with and allow your creativity to flow.  When Karen posted this I knew exactly what pictures I wanted to use and then thought...Hmmm!! How am I going to make my papers work that I have left from my kit work for a boy kind of layout?

But, I did it!!! I used the Little Yellow Bicycle Fresh Print Clothesline Backyard/Backyard Ledger and the circle that I used for my journaling is the Come Together Ledger/Backyard Trim.  It was perfect for journaling because it had the lines on it already.  You can find these two pattern papers in the Paper Trail store.  This line of Little Yellow Bicycle is very versatile!!
From my stash I used:
Echo Park Sweet Summertime letters and stickers
White Bazzill CS
Kraft Bazzill CS
Sassafras Lass border
Stampin Up swirly rubon
Green ricrac...unknown
Memento Ink
A technique that I used on my Kraft paper that I like to use to bring more color to my cardstock is to run my ink pad over the cardstock.  Just lightly run the ink pad over the cs and then sand if you desire.  It just gives you a little more texture on the cs and doesn't look so plain.
Thanks for looking! Can't wait to see what you do with the sketch this week at the blog!!!

No comments: