8/23/2010

LCOM Shoe Inspiration Card Challenge


Can you believe Mel over at LCOM actually wears these shoes.  I can't even imagine! I would kill myself in them! She posted this picture as inspiration and then our challenge was to create a card and tell what our inspiration was. 
So here's mine:

My inpiration was obviously the color of the flower.  The heel was so large, so I decided to create the greeting large.  I rounded the corner of one corner like the front of the shoe.  Oh and do you see how the prima swirl is all brown and pearls are kind of brown looking.  Well...I used a brown sharpie marker to color in the diamonds and my brown chalk ink pad to run across my pearls.  What a difference it made!!!

I used pink taffy glimmer mist and coral to create this color prima flower.  I also took my coffee glimmermist and sprayed it on paper and then put my finger in it and placed it on my flower just to get a few glimpses of brown. 
Supplies:
Cardstock-Stampin Up
Paper-Prima
Stamp-Stampin Up
Flower and swirl-Prima
Ribbon-Stampin Up
Ink-Stampin Up, Colorbox. Tattered Angels

We hope you'll join us this week in creating a card using the boot image as your inspiration. Have your card posted here by Saturday August 28th at 8PM EST. Then winners will be posted here on Sunday the 29th. If you are the lucky winner - you will receive a Guest DT spot with the card team for the week of September 5th and a 15% off your next order in the LCOM store.


1 comment:

Jerusha said...

Your card is perfect! Your flower is amazing!!