8/02/2010

Embossing Challenge at LCOM this Week

So, over at LCOM it's embossing anyway you want dry, wet...just as long as it is embossed.  I was late with my challenge this week because I was on my way home from Georgia last night.  I decided to take a peek over at 2sketches4you and look at the sketch to do my card this week.  That way I didn't have to think too much!!! It's been awhile since I've played along! I need to start getting back into doing it every week.
Here's Kazan's sketch.
And here's my card(the first take)...
Have you ever said when you are finished with a card...that card needs something else!!! Well, this card I said that to myself as I took the picture.  I came upstairs put it on my blog and it bothered me even more and more, so I came to the realization that I couldn't just keep it like this...I had to fix it!!!

Here's my card... final take!!!!
And of course...how do I fix all my cards that are missing something....RIBBON!!!! It's amazing to me how that bow in the open space changes the whole look of the card!!! LOVE it!!!
As I said Anita challenged us over at LCOM to do some embossing anyway we want.  I dry embossed my black piece of cardstock and wet embossed my greeting with versamark and my black embossing powder.  You know I broke all the matchy matchy rules that I try to follow usually.  I never mix stripes and polka dots, but I like it!!! Now if my kids would try to put stripes and polka dots on, I would tell them to go and change!!! LOL!!!  Hope you'll stop on over and see Sherri Thompson's card and the rest of the DT's cards and decide to play along.  You could be our next GDT member for the week of August 15th.  Thanks for stopping by!!!

Supplies:
Bazzill cardstock: turquoise and black
Pattern paper: october afternoon
Stamps, ribbon and embossing powders: Stampin Up
Accessories: basic grey flowers, jenni bowlin crepe paper and flowers.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Pretty card! Love the colors!

Karen said...

Great card Sandi - and you know sometimes it's okay to put polka dots with stripes!!!!!! :)

Judy B said...

I agree...I love the bow and a beautiful card

Kazan Clark said...

I love the bold colors and the striking use of black on this card
Thanks for playing along with us at 2S4Y
:) Kazan

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

I love ribbon so like the addition with the black bow. :-) That flower is fabulous! Great card!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh so pretty. I love those colors! Thanks for playing along with 2 Sketches 4 You!