8/18/2010

Birds/Butterflies/Bees challenge at TrailMakers

This is what the paper looked like to begin with.  Do you see the holes around the outside edge.  Well, I had the "great" idea that since there were already holes around the outside I would crochet a scallop edge around the outside.  So, I went to AC Moore and stood there in the aisles looking for a matching yellow forever.  I finally asked this stranger who was looking at yarn too if she agreed with me about going with white and she said yes.  I'm not too shy!!! Then I went to the needle section and ugh...I dreaded this because I knew I was going to need a small needle.  I had an F at home and it wasn't small enough to fit through the smallest hole.  I ended up buying a size 1 hook.  Yeah...that's a size that you use with doily thread and I used it with yarn.  Now do you see why I put the word great in quotes. LOL!!! It took me a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time to finish it. 
But I think it was so worth it!!! Wow! I am so happy with it! Here it is!
From the Papertrails store I used the Little Yellow Bicycle Clothesline diecut paper and the Jenni Bowlin tags.
From my stash I used scraps of cardstock, yarn, glimmermist ( golden terra cotta, patina and lemon zest), watercolor crayons, American Craft letters, Martha Stewart chunky glitter, Crystal Effects, Stampendous Doodlebugs Clear Stamps

One technique I used was I sprayed the finished scallop piece with the lemon zest glimmer mist.  It was easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Another technique I used was watercoloring and then blending in with a blender pen.  After that I put crystal effects on and then added Martha Stewart thick glitter to some areas and let dry.

Here's an upclose of the Jenni Bowlin tags that I used from the store that I sprayed with glimmer mist golden terracotta, patina and lemon zest.  And here's my bee!!!

And it drives me crazy when I have to squint to see what the journaling says on people's pages, so....here's mine...
Thanks for looking! Can't wait to see your creation with a bee, a butterfly or a bird! You can use any or all of them to create a layout this week. They can be in your patterned paper designs, they can be stamped, or paper punched, or even fussy cut from something!! Your imagination is the only thing limiting you!!! I just know they will be amazing!!!

You have until 5pm(EST) on Saturday, Aug 21st to link your creation!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sandi - I am still in such awe over this - I just absolutely LOVE this technique and layout!! Awesome job, girly!!!!
~Karen