7/05/2010

Smile!!!


Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July. I picked up some fireworks today when I went out for some milk and to get 120+ boyscout pictures printed.  When I got home, Kati quickly told me that I did a good job in my selection however I didn't get Mountain Dew.  I told her she could do that another day.  She wasn't thrilled, but she accepted it.  The kids were so excited to set them off.  I went outside for a few minutes.  I felt like such a party pooper. I just couldn't handle the noise from the fireworks the kids and Craig were setting off, so I had to come in the house. It makes me cringe. The surgeon doesn't understand why I am reacting to sound the way I am, but my neurologist understands completely. He said all that messing around in there may have given me some sound sensitivities. He also said that not all people react the same way as others. I can tell it's getting better, but it still isn't totally right. I realize I only had my surgery in April but it's just little things like that that I miss out on....already I am worrying about the fall and the marching band. When the fireworks were over I went back outside and we had a fire. We roasted marshmallows and sat and talked. The kids slept in the tent. All in all it was a good 4th of July. Hope you had a great one with you and yours too!




I am really loving this card I made for Mel's Recipe Challenge at LCOM this week.  She asked us to use at least 3 different pattern papers, to emboss any way we wanted and to use a piece of chipboard.  Well, it didn't take me long to figure out that I was going to use Snorkel from Cosmo Cricket...my dry embossing is my center strip that has "smile" on it.  I did get a little vivacious with the ink pad.  I accidentally picked up the chocolate chip one and I thought it was close to cocoa, which I had sitting on my right side.  Oh well, I really do LOVE how it turned out.  It does make me SMILE when I see it.  I hope it makes you smile too.  If you want to play along, go check out the blog and hit Mr. Linky up before Saturday.  The more the merrier!!!!

Supplies:
Paper-Snorkel..Cosmo Cricket; Kraft STampin Up
Ink- Chocolate Chip and Close to Cocoa ink pads
Accessories: Chipboard Cosmo Cricket; big polka dot texturz impressions big shot; letters K& Co. circle punch EK Success

1 comment:

RiNNE said...

AAACk! Your card is just the cutest!!!