7/19/2010

Power Week Card Challenge at LCOM

We've got not just one, but two challenges for you at LCOM this week. You've got the power to choose to do one, two, or a combination. The first challenge is Use Your Stash. Rusha challenged us to use our stash and it has to be older than 2 months...WOW...I'm sure you will find this way difficult....NOT!!!:) The second challenge is an Inspirational Challenge. Dani challenged us to use a household object as your inspiration-the design on a Kleenex box or the colors of a blanket-you name it. You must include a photo of your inspirational piece.
I chose to do both challenges this week...

Here's my inspiration:
My Mom made us this quilt.  I believe it is the log cabin pattern.  It stays on our bed as our comforter all year long. 

Here's my card:
The squares mimic quilt blocks.  It is paper from the Marrakesh basic grey line that I have had in my stash for more than a year.  I also ran the black cs through my big shot and embossed it.  The ribbon is from Stampin Up.  I frayed the edges and put some ink on it to grunge it up a bit and give it some texture.

Hope you decide to play along with us this week because there is an awesome prize pack ...a 6X6 Nikki Sivils paper pack and matching stamp set or you can choose to be a GDT.  Go check it out at the blog.

No comments: