6/28/2010

Turning Out Some Crate Cards and Putting Myself Out There...YIKES!!!

OK...Tanya you can stop stalking my blog, I did it!!!
When my scrappy best friend found out that Crate Paper was having a Design Team Call she called me on the phone and said, "No backing out, we are doing it!" Well, needless to say.  I have himhawed around and haven't done it. Here it is Sunday night and I am doing it, but still a little scared.   T and I have talked almost every day on the phone and she has hounded me to do it.   So much that one night I had a DREAM that I saw Christine Middlecamp come out of her office while I was talking to Liz Hicks ( who I have never met in person, but have talked to on the phone and chatted with a few times).  Now why I would see Christine and Liz together is beyond me because Liz lives in Colorado, but that's a dream for you!!! I also NEVER remember my dreams like I remembered this one.  Anyways Christine looked so tired.  Her eyes were so droopy and black underneath.  She only came out of her office for only a few minutes to get a cup of coffee and Liz asked her how things were going.  She said things were going very well and she was exhausted, but she had to get back to work.  I told her that my scrappy friend was trying and that Tanya wanted me to enter my cards too, but I figured she already had it all figured out with all the great cardmakers in the industry.  Christine reassured me that I should apply and should put myself out there.  (I also told her that if she picked Tanya and I for the DT then she'd only have to send one box and Crate could save on shipping because we only live five minutes away.)  LOL!!!! I know it was only my subconscious that has been bugging the crud out of me, so I am putting myself out there.  I am also trying to practice what I preach to my own children.  I tell my kids to go for things and here I am their role model...if I don't do it then what is that saying to them. 



Supplies:
Crate Paper Lillian Collection
Buttons Stampin Up

 

Supplies:
Crate Paper Lillian Collection
Stampin Up stamp set
Big Shot flower die cut
American Crafts buttons



Supplies:
Crate Paper Lillian Collection
Stampin Up STamps and ribbon
American Crafts buttons

Supplies:
Crate Paper Lillian Collection
Tim Holtz Fragment
Stampin Up Stamp Set
Cricut Cartridge


Made last summer
Supplies:
Crate Paper Orbit Collection
polka dot texturz embossing folder





Front of card


Inside of card

Supplies:
Crate Paper Orbit Collection and Lillian Paper Collection
Making Memories Letters


Supplies:
Crate Paper Seasons Collection
Stampin Up Square Punch
American Crafts buttons

Wow! Something I really noticed is that either 1 I have gotten better at taking pictures and modifying them or 2 this new camera I got makes a world of difference.  The 1 cards I made last summer's image is completely different than the others...Amazing!!

Thanks for looking! Can't wait to see who is on the official Crate Design Team.  I have to tell you...I realized today why I do like Crate so much.  It's because the company comes out with such a variety of styles to meet a scrapbookers needs.  Thanks for being so versatile Crate!!!!:)

1 comment:

tanyal said...

I am so proud of you for submitting! Your projects look great! Best of luck Scrap buddy!