5/08/2010

2 Sketches4You Mother's Day Card and The Pink Elephant 65



Here's Laura's Sketch 51.  So excited...this is my actual "real" first post on my new blog too! I decided to use this sketch to make a Mother's Day card for my Mom.  This also works for the Mother's Day card challenge over at The Pink Elephant Challenge Blog.  They have card challenges and scrapbook challenges.My card to Mom will be late, but I know she will love it! She totally deserves it! She just spent a week with me after my brain surgery.  Yep...I was diagnosed with a brain aneurysm in early April that was located behind my eye.  It was almost 1 cm. large.  Praise God that they found it and that all went well.  You have to know my Mom...I live 21/2 hours away from her....she hates to drive.  She drove all by herself in traffic to get here and stayed here at the house with us for a week.  Believe me when she left, there were lots of tears! There truly is nothing like having your Mom around when you are sick! So....here's the card!!!

Supplies:
Paper and Chipboard: Chocolate chip cardstock-Stampin Up; Life is Beautiful; Fawnd of You, Too-Sassafras Lass
Ink: Chocolate Chip classic ink-Stampin Up
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes-Stampin Up
Accessories: Spriral punch, hemp, corner rounder texturz plate all products from Stampin Up!
Thanks for looking! It's the first thing I have created since my surgery! It feels pretty good!!! Hopefully tomorrow I can do something more! I have high hopes!

3 comments:

Cheryl Nelson said...

perfectly darling!

LORi said...

Welcome to TPE Sandi!!! Your card is super sweet...great work!!! Thanks for sharing with The Pink Elephant!

Big Hugs- LORi

Krista said...

This is sooo cute! I love it! Thanks for playing along with The Pink Elephant!